Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Thangs What Has Been Happening

As I described it to ACon today, this last week has felt like a huge crescendo, only to hit a subito piannisimo on Monday.

I participated in Honor Chorus for the first time as a teacher sending her own students.  I attended meetings, policed rehearsals and turned pages in the concert.  I want so badly to be accepted by these other teachers that all seem so confident and smart and great at their jobs...

Anyway, PIKTARS!
This is the front of the Sandy Beaver Auditorium at Riverside Military Academy, where the concert was performed.


This is the library just to the right of the auditorium.  We held a meeting in there Friday night and called it Hogwarts.


The lobby of the auditorium.  Gorgeous, yes?

Celena and me.  She's student teaching, so she had to do the door-troll dance.  Ah, professional hierarchies.

Then came Sunday.  I started off by running by the parent campus of my church to turn on the system and make sure people were equipped for the service, then I went to the North Hall campus to lead worship.  As I walked by the back-door driveway, I noticed that someone had spilled Fruit Loops all over it.  Turns out that spilling Fruit Loops on a driveway and then driving over them a few times is awesome!
It's a rainbow!

That evening, it was off to Aunt Lynn's for A Whelchel Thanksgiving.  Baby Luke decided that the grey tub that held his toys was a lot more fun than his toys...

I see you :)

And so endeth a great big weekend.  I'm very grateful for Thanksgiving Break, during which time I only have to work at 1 and 1/4 jobs.  What luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment