Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

Stole it from Sarah

I'm bored, but not sleepy.  Ergo, while archive-surfing through my favorite blogs, I picked up this meme from Sarah.

50 Questions1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? There are two answers to that question...one version claims that it's a Gone With the Wind thing between "Ashley" and "Tara."  The other (truer) one says that Mom picked a pretty first name and Dad picked the middle name after the prettiest girl he'd ever known.  No, the name "Tara" does not appear anywhere in Mom's name.  Little wonder they didn't last...
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? 1:30 today
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? yes
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? turkey
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? not yet, hopefully soon
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Considering Ashley Conway, I pretty much already am
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM? Do you ask questions?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope, they were evicted after repeatedly violating my "No swelling and creating a perfect environment for strep" policy
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Nope. 
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? it varies.  Today, it's Lucky Charms
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope
12. HOW MANY CAVITIES HAVE YOU HAD? 10.  I have superb dental habits, but crooked and oddly shaped teeth.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? ben and jerry's birthday cake or ben and jerry's creme brulee
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? demeanor--whether he/she looks passive or assertive.  I tend to shrink around assertive people because I'm a wimp.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink (see, told you I was a wimp)
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? The fact that I am a wimp.  And my genetic predisposition to zits.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? at this particular moment, a mentor that has moved away
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST? No one follows my blog, and reading the answers of the literal "everyone" would take a long time.
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? blue and brown polka dotted pajama pants, no shoes
20. CAT OR DOG? dog
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? the faint echo of South Park as Andrew watches in the bedroom
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? hot pink
23. FAVORITE SMELL? perfumes.  There's only one that Andrew isn't allergic to, so when I'm shopping without him, I sniff every perfume and body spray on Earth.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? The young man at Papa John's who takes orders
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Was stolen rather than sent, but Sarah is pretty much my role model for family life and mommyhood when I get there someday.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football!  If only the Dawgs would stop getting arrested and win some games already.
27. HAIR COLOR? Kinda depends on the lighting.  Some say brown, some say very dark blonde, some say red, some say auburn.  So it's Aublondrown.  Or something.
28. EYE COLOR? Blue
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No, but I've always been curious about how it feels to wear them
30. FAVORITE FOOD? Varies.  Today, it's Poor Richards' French Onion Soup.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?  Neither.  Light comedy with sharp verbal humor that doesn't get too melodramatic.  I'm hard to please.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Mystery Science Theatre 3000 take on "Puma Man."
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Black with the BigStuf Band logo for that year on it.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
35. HUGS OR KISSES? Both, though mouth kissing is reserved exclusively for Andrew.  If I had my way, everybody would hug all the time.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT? Creme brulee
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Who's the most ambitious in a blog follower group of zero?
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Ditto
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? I just finished "A Marriage Made in Heaven - or, Too Tired for An Affair" by Erma Bombeck.  Next on the list is "Shoot Low, Boys, They're Ridin' Shetland Ponies" by Lewis Grizzard.  See, told you I like sharp verbal humor.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Is a laptop, so the "mousepad" is just a small gray square.  There's a green Skullcandy logo under my right hand as I type, though.  That's sort of interesting.
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? Scrubs reruns.
42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)? Good choral music that isn't flufftastic or opportunistically written (which, sadly, excludes great swaths of SSA literature). 
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles.  I have never understood the allure of the Stones.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? California
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? On my left foot, when I try to spread out my toes, my pinky toe goes backwards and crosses over on top of the neighboring one. 
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Less than a mile from where I'm sitting now.
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Nothing rhymes with orange.
48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER? At Lanier Hills.  I was 14, he was 25.  I had a crush on him from the start :)
49. CUP HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY? Who's been drinking out of my glass?
50. IF YOU COULD SIT DOWN TO DINNER WITH FIVE PEOPLE WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE? Jesus, i think that would do it.  <--I'm with Sarah on that one

3 comments:

  1. Umm...I READ YOUR BLOG!!!! Like EVERY DAY!
    So, I take offense to the "no one reads my blog" comment. However, I am less offended and actually flattered that I was mentioned by name in one of the first few numbers, so you're off the hook ;)

    Love you! and LOVE your perspective on life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read, yes. FOLLOW (as in the gadget on the right side of my panel that tells me how many followers I have)...no! You should totally fix that, like right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahaha :) DONE! Now you will have a follower :)

    ReplyDelete