Pages

Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Continuing Adventures of Dr. Esby

Dr. Esby...prounounced "ess bee"...as in SB...as in Straight Baller...as in this video:

Walked around the block to get next door in terms of selecting an alter ego nickname, but it works all the same.

So I am sitting on campus in the middle of Doctor School, Week 2.  I discovered last year that if I wait to make my commute much later than, say, a couple of hours prior to class start time, the Gods of Inconvenience will rain down fender-benders, traffic, detours, blockages, or last-minute venue changes and cause me to be late, so I err on the side of caution and show up to campus hours ahead of time and spend the time reading up on my coursework, finishing assignments, and of course, blogging/Facebooking.

I am less worried about my classes than I was last week, although I still need a textbook for one (thanks, USPS, for the timely notification about how a package is waiting for me at your office OH WAIT JUST KIDDING).  One is going to be a challenge because, as I discovered after last week's session, it's a pretty intense course aimed at SpEd teachers.  Still relevant to me because, like most music educators, I get all manner of students, but there's definitely some terminology and practices I'll have to Google as I slog through this course.

Over in greener pastures (see what I did there?), things are looking up.  As with last year, I'm approaching this year with the goal of continuing ascension, but unlike last year, I now have more to draw upon in terms of experience and training.  And of course, it's pretty awesome to have some of the same people for the third year in a row - every school year feels more and more like coming home.

Well, it's been a nice break for my brain, but now it's time to continue feeding the Dr. Esby side of my personality.  I might need to bring her back for a YouTube vid in the future...we'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment