Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

Four. Nights. Now.

Insomnia, insomnia...
Oh what with me is wrong-nia?
For four nights now I nearly weep
and beg of thee to let me sleep!
I thought Wednesday was thy inception,
with migraine naps that day's direction,
but I barely doze four days and nights,
sleep meds and all - now that ain't right.
So now I sit and type away
and wait for night to turn to day.
You know it's bad when neither couch
nor space heater can knock me out.
I guess my mind has up and seized
some vague ignored anxieties,
since day by day I'm inching near
to bigger things in my career.
I try to write about my nerves,
but find they won't submit to words.
This last resort is truly worst -
who writes a blog post all in verse?!?
Reckon I'll stay here a while
and surf for things that make me smile,
then crawl in bed around, say, three
and hope tomorrow's good to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment