Pages

Friday, April 15, 2011

Kathryn

I have a cousin named Kathryn.  This is her singing the Batman theme and generally being silly.  (Warning: set the sound so you can barely hear her, because I start laughing about 10 seconds in and my laughter is WAY louder than her singing)
She is one of my favorite people.

Kathryn and Ashley on Theology
K: This is Lucy (indicates her doll)
Me: Oh!  And Lucy has a pacifier!
K: Yes
Me: Did you take a paci when you were a baby?
K: (shakes head)
Me: Oh yeah, you only sucked your thumb.
K: I still suck my thumb sometimes.
Me: Is that so?
K: And I still like God.
Me: (stifling laughter) Really?
K: Yes.  I like God.
Me: God likes you too, a lot.
K: Sometimes I wish I could hug God.
Me: You know what?  So do I.  We will get to someday, though, when we go to Heaven.
K: When will we go to Heaven?
Me: It won't be for a long time.  But we have lots of stuff to do here while we wait.
K: (nods)  And we don't like Satan.
Me: That's right.

Kathryn on Bad Weather
K: Be careful out there.  You'll get stormed and die.
Amber: Do what?
Kathryn's brother Daniel: She means you'll be struck by lightning.

Kathryn's Body Image
"I am very, very heavy."  (No, she isn't)

Ashley Tries to Read to Kathryn
Me: And the doggie said, "What time is the party?"
(looks up to notice Kathryn is goofing off)
Me: ...and then Kathryn stopped listening to the story and Ashley was confused!
K: (quizzical look) That's not the story how it goes, but ok. 

Kathryn Sings Songs
Kathryn's mother Dana: Kathryn, can you sing us the song you learned yesterday about Jesus?  (meaning "Jesus Loves Me")
K: Jesus...all the way...Old McDonald had a duck!

A month or so later when Andy and I were en route to Florida for a vacation, we saw a series of signs with Bible verses and proclamations about Jesus.  I couldn't read them all because I was driving, so I asked Andy what they said.
"Jesus all the way Old McDonald had a duck."

1 comment: