Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Tidbits

Here are my big thoughts for today:

1. My sister-in-law tried to warn me about this and I just laughed at the time.  Now I realize how much I took for granted as a single woman that people largely knew how to spell my name.  I got a "Rylee" or a "Reilly" maybe once or twice, but by and large people heard my name and their brains saw "Ashley Riley."  Nowadays, folks' minds are right blown by the large population of H's in my last name.  "Ashley" continues not to bother people so much, but "Whelchel" has been a problem.  Andrew was the first Whelchel I ever knew, so his came to be the default spelling in my brain.  When I see "Welchel," it's as jarring as seeing "alot" in print.  It just looks wrong.

2. Bypasses could be used much more frequently.  There are bypasses for big cities so that you don't have to deal with the heavily populated town if it's not your destination.  I hear tell they're building a Murrayville bypass, which is straight up ridiculous because Murrayville is roughly the size of a quarter.  But it would be great to have bypasses for other reasons...
School Starting/Ending Bypass (aka I'm Not Picking Up or Dropping Off A Kid!)
I Don't Care About The Parade Bypass
Showboating Tailgater Bypass (seen every 2 miles on major highways)
Post Office Bypass (sorely needed on Green Street)
Restaurant Row Bypass
Church Starting/Ending Bypass

Well, I started this entry because I needed something to occupy me while I e-chatted with a colleague and now that e-chat has concluded.  Which means I have things to get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment